To renew or apply for Commission membership, visit IUCN's Commission System at https://portals.iucn.org/commissions/
The six IUCN Commissions are broad and active networks of scientists and experts providing IUCN and its Members with sound know-how and policy advice to drive conservation and sustainable development.
The Commissions focus on :
- driving change through leading communication, learning and knowledge
⇒ CEC – Commission on Education and Communication
- promoting ecosystem-based approaches for the management of landscapes and seascapes,
⇒ CEM – Commission on Ecosystem Management
- harmonising nature conservation and the critical social, cultural, environmental, and economic justice concerns of human societies.
⇒ CEESP- Commission on Environmental, Economic and Social Policy
- influencing, encouraging and assisting societies to conserve biodiversity by building knowledge on the status and threats to species
⇒ SSC – Species Survival Commission
- advancing environmental law to strengthen the legal foundations of conservation of nature and sustainable development
⇒ WCEL – World Commission on Environmental Law
- developing knowledge based policy, advice and guidance on the full suite of issues surrounding protected areas
⇒ WCPA – World Commission on Protected Areas
Become an IUCN Commission member
You can apply for membership, directly to CEC, CEM, CEESP, WCEL and WCPA . To do so visit the IUCN Commission System, create an account and submit your application.
For SSC, Commission membership is by invitation only. Contact the relevant SSC Specialist Chair and ask to be sent an invitation. SSC Specialist Group Chairs contacts can be found in the IUCN SSC Directory.
Your application will be reviewed and a response will be sent to you. Due to the high volume of applications received, a response to your application may take time. Please contact the IUCN Commission Support Unit if you have not received a response within two months.