IUCN’s philosophy of unity and joint action is exemplified through its work with donors and partners. IUCN counts on the support of a large network of partners who help fund our activities, implement the IUCN Programme, or offer their knowledge and expertise to support our work. Our work is made possible through the generous contributions of a growing number of donors and partners including governments, multilateral institutions, intergovernmental and non-governmental organisations, international conventions, foundations, companies and individuals.
IUCN Framework Partners are a dedicated group of donors who support the implementation of the IUCN Programme through the provision of multi-year core funding. Framework Partners also support the implementation of a large number of on-the-ground projects throughout the world that have significant development and conservation results.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland
- Government of France:
- French Development Agency
- Ministry for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition
- Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- Ministry for Overseas France
- Ministry for Agriculture and Food
- Ministry of Environment, Republic of Korea
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation, Norway
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
- United States State Department
Project Donors and Partners
As of March 2021, IUCN publishes all data related to its projects, donors and partners in the Open Project Portal, so as to provide greater transparency to its stakeholders. This data is also accessible on the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) Registry without restrictions.
IUCN’s engagement with business is guided by the Business Engagement Strategy as well as the Operational Guidelines for Business Engagement. The majority of the funds we receive are used to transform business practices. For information on all business engagements, visit our Business and Biodiversity Programme pages.